Today's review is of the Turkey Herald website - this can be found at http://www.turkeyherald.com
Some of you might be thinking, is this stretching it a bit to be a travel website? Well actually no, the Turkey Herald contains a lot of information relevant to the traveller, they promote themselves as "Online Tourism News". I would say any potential visitor to Turkey should checkout the site and read some of the latest and archived news stories.
For example today's headlines relevant to Tourists include:
1) Orhan Academia Opens in Kusadasi
2) Havva Hanım delights with garden breakfast on Turkish Aegean
3) Golf in Turkey
If you look through the site and use the search you will find a rich variety of travel related articles.
Sections of the website include:
- Areas - Content for Alanya, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalyan, Didim, Istanbul, Kalkan, Kusadasi, Marmaris and Olu Deniz
- Property - Sales, Vacation Rentals, Mortgages, Insurance, Currency Exchange, Buying Advice, Questions,
- Travel - Questions, Car Hire, Flights, Currency, Travel Currency, Travel Shopping, Climate, Food & Drink, Restaurant Guide, Visas, Weddings and Public Holidays
- Leisure - Golfing and diving in Turkey
- Guides - A range of guides to Turkey
- Lifestyle - Expat, relocating to Turkey, Residents Permit and Working in Turkey
- Interactive - Articles, Have Your Say, Turkey After Dark, Bar Spy, Recipes and Your Photos
- Contact - General contact details, includes advertising rates and writing for the Turkey Herald
- Forum - There is a forum, but to be honest this seems to be infrequently used
- Photos - There is a photo gallery, which at the time of writing had about 1,300 photos about Turkey, e.g.
There really is a lot to read on the website. The only thing I can advise is to make a visit and decide fore yourself. In the meantime, all I can say is that the site is highly recommended.