Today we focus on the website, turkey4travel.com - At the time of writing this was ranked at 1,632,034 by Alexa and the Home Page had a Page Rank of 4 - so overall a fairly popular site.
Screenshot of home page of Turkey4Travel.com
So what's within the site, what is there to see? The Navigation is:
* Home Page - The usual, a link to everything else on the site
* About Turkey - Some interesting facts, such as map of Turkey, regions, cities and natural facts
* Turkey Facts - General facts. The Turkish Flag, a lot of general information, embassies and consulates in Turkey
* Where to Go - A tourist guide to locations such as Istanbul, Antalya, Mugla, Aydin, Izmir and Canakkale - Click the link and read up information such as monuments, landmarks, ancient cities, museums, churches, mosques and touristic places.
* Turkey Weather - Brief information about what to expect from the Turkish weather
* Transport & Tourist Offices - A list by country of the tourist offices for countries around the world, useful information!
* Health & Safety - Information about health services and how to remain safe in Turkey
* Turkish Money & Currency Info - Information such as exchange rate, credit cards/ATM's and how to get a VAT refund
* What to Buy - A guide to items to buy in Turkey, e.g. leather, carpets, silk, earthenware, etc
* Visa & Entry Requirements - Information about visa requirements and how to gain entry to Turkey, information provided per country
In the middle of the homepage are three sections of additional content:
* Recent Entries - Details of recent articles added to the site, as an example - Istanbul, 2010 European Capital of Culture
* Popular Destinations - Content about popular destinations in Turkey - Click the link and read information about it, for example the Hagia Sofia Museum in Istanbul
The Blue Mosque in Istanbul - http://www.flickr.com/photos/myhsu/
* Popular Holiday Places - Details about tourist resorts such as Altinkum, Fethiye, Marmaris, Bodrum, Bozcaada, Belek, Side and Antalya
Overall the site is an excellent place to go to find out useful information for your trip to Turkey. I even found the Google Adsense adverts both relevant and interesting, these included some good priced offers for trips to Turkey.
If the website isn't enough, you can also join the Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/turkey4travel.